Baby is comming, pack smart for hospital trip
Baby – How to pack your bag for childbirth
Baby is comming – You are as pregnant as can be, you haven’t seen your toes in weeks, and you are counting the days to big lifechanging event.
If this is your first time going to the hospital to give a birth to a baby, here are some interesting tips on how to pack your bag.
You will find some things necessary, but also consider baby’s needs and pack smart.
When leaving for hospital make sure you take all your documents with you:
- health card,
- pregnancy diary,
- medical findings, all the documents related to pregnancy, and others if you had difficulties during pregnancy.
You will definitely need:
- sanitary towels – try picking gentle ones to reduce irritation
- lipstick, cream, body lotion
- shampoo, shower gel or soap
- toothbrush and tooth paste
- hand cream – babies need sterile surroundings so you will be washing your hands frequently
- toilet paper – some hospitals are better equiped than others, depending on the area you live in, do your research in advance.
You never know how long your visit to the hospital will last, so make sure you take some baby equipment with you, such as clothes, diapers and wipes.
Prepare your homecoming bag in advance
You will also need some things to exit the hospital.
No need to hurry, you don’t have to deal with that while in labours.
Practical approach and thinking ahead is always the best, so you prepare majority of the things you will need for homecoming.
Your family or friends can update content of that bag and bring it when they come for you and the baby.
You can leave this to your husband or partner but than be fine with fashion combination he chooses for you and the baby.
Homecoming bag needs:
- Clothes for you, including socks, underwear, shoes, and the rest depending on the season
- Clothes for the baby, including socks, diapers, footwear, hat
- Towel (for extra support while traveling home or extra baby body liquids)
- Napkins or gauze (you will learn to take those wherever you go with the baby)
- Blanket for cold weather
- And off course a carrier and a car seat