BEST OREO PANCAKES
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 6 Oreos, finely crushed (I pulsed mine in a food processor)
*I toned down the sweetness for these pancakes. If you want your pancakes to taste more dessert-like, you can add more sugar and crushed Oreos into the batter and if the batter gets too thick, you can add a little bit of milk to thin it out
FOR THE CREAM
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 Oreos, finely crushed
CHOCOLATE SYRUP FOR DRIZZLING
- In a large bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Whisk together. Add in egg, buttermilk, and butter. Whisk a few times until batter comes together, but a few lumps still remain. You don’t want to overmix pancake batter. Gently stir in crushed Oreos. Let batter sit a few minutes to thicken.
- Grease your skillet and bring to medium heat. Measure out 1/4 cup of batter. Pour batter into the middle of the skillet, using a spatula to help scrape out the batter from measuring cup as it will be quite thick. Cook pancake until bubbles begin to break the surface, then flip to other side and cook until pancake is done. Repeat with remaining batter. You should have enough batter for about 10 pancakes.
- To make cream, pour heavy cream and sugar into a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on high speed with a wire whisk until cream becomes stiff peaks. Using a 1M star tip, pipe cream on top of one of the pancakes. I piped a thick outer circle and then less in the middle as I didn’t want the pancakes to be overwhelmed with cream. Sprinkle some crushed Oreos over cream (you can also mix the Oreos into your cream but I want to keep the cream white to look more like Oreo cookies). Gently place a pancake on top. Repeat with cream, crushed Oreos, and pancakes. I made two stacks of five. Serve immediately with chocolate syrup.